10 Most Redneck Cities In Michigan
RoadSnacks.net has a list of the 10 Most Redneck Cities in Michigan, and yes, southwest Michigan is represented big time!
Just to be clear, this is not meant to an insult. In fact, I've lived in Kentucky, Alabama and Tennessee back in the day. So, my redneck roots are strong.
When this list came out, I expected to see lots of Michigan's U.P. cities. But instead, we did quite well right here in the greater Battle Creek listening area.
After you glance at the top 10 list below, click the "Redneck Button" to see the full story which includes pictures of place or people you may recognize in each "redneck" city.
- Sault Ste. Marie
- Three Rivers
- Port Huron
- Iron River
- Iron Mountain
HOW THEY DETERMINED 'REDNECK' CITIES:
Using Yelp and Google Maps, this is the criteria RoadSnacks used:
The dictionary definition categories
- Small towns
- Least amount of high school graduates
- Lives in the south or midwest
And the stereotypical categories
- Number of dive bars per city
- Number of mobile home parks per capita
- Number of tobacco stores per city
- Number of places to get fishing gear
- Number of guns and ammo stores per city
- Walmarts, Golden Corrals, Bass Pro Shops, and Dollar Generals nearby
Note: For the sake of getting reliable numbers, RoadSnacks counted places within a city’s border, as well as within a short driving distance.