12 Rides for Kalamazoo Bike Week 2016
Kalamazoo Bike Week is May 14-21, 2016.
"Kalamazoo Bike Week is all about celebrating cycling. It promotes cycling advocacy, awareness, education and most importantly, fun" according to kalamazoobikeweek.com.
Many events are planned, including these 12 rides not to miss:
- Trailblazer Ride: Saturday, May 14 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Kal-Haven Trailhead, 4143 N. 10th St. Ride at your own pace and enjoy the Kal-Haven Trail
- Mayor's City-to-City Ride: Saturday, May 14 9 a.m. Portage Creek Bicentennial Trail, 910 E. Milham, Portage. Join Mayors Peter Strazdas of Portage and Bobby Hopewell of Kalamazoo on a 7.5 mile bike ride.
- Slow Roll to the Farmer's Market: Saturday, May 14 9:30 a.m. A family-friendly slow roll from the Vine neighborhood to the Farmer's Market.
- Pedal Your Bells Off: Saturday, May 14 Noon-3 p.m.
- Monday Morning Cruisers: Monday, May 16 9 a.m. Verberg Park, E. Paterson St. Enjoy a casual ride on the Kalamazoo River Valley Trail.
- Kalamazoo Bicycle Club- Monday Night Ride: Monday, May 16 6:15 p.m. Texas Dive Park, Texas Dive. Find your pace and distance with 4 different options.
- Pedal Women's Ride: Tuesday, May 17 5:45 p.m. Pedal South, 185 Romence Road, Portage. All ladies are welcome for this no pressure, non-competitive social spin.
- Kalamazoo Bicycle Club- Wednesday Night Ride: Wednesday, May 18 6:15 p.m. Kal-Haven Trailhead, 4143 N. 10th St. It might be tough to keep up with this group of experienced, fast riders.
- Ride of Silence: Wednesday, May 18 6:30 p.m.
- Pedal Group Ride: Thursday, May 19 6:15 p.m. Pedal, 611 W. Michigan Ave. Meet new friends at the Pedal shop ride.
- National Ride Your Bike To Work Day: Friday, May 20 Are you up for it?
- Bells To Bells Ride: Saturday, May 21 Noon-4 p.m.
Bonus Video: John Mason on Two Wheels