Absentee Ballot Applications Available For Pickup In Battle Creek
Absentee ballots are now available for City of Battle Creek residents that are eligible. In a release, the City says that applications can be picked up at the majority of the city’s voting precincts, along with additional locations on the North Side of Battle Creek.
The addition of physical pickup locations is intended to help those who are eligible to vote absentee, because lines are expected to be long for the November 8 election.
You are eligible to vote absentee if you meet one of the following requirements:
Voter is 60 years of age or older.
Voter will be absent from the community in which registered for the entire time the polls are open on election day.
Voter is physically unable to attend the polls without the assistance of another.
Voter cannot attend the polls because of the tenets of his/her religion.
Voter has been appointed to be an election precinct inspector in a precinct other than the one in which he/she resides.
Voter cannot attend the polls because he/she is confined to jail awaiting arraignment or trial.
The following is a list of application pickup locations, and times where pickup is available. All absentee ballot applications must be turned in by 2 p.m. Saturday, November 5, at the City Clerks Office, located in Suite 111 at City Hall, 10 N. Division St. in Battle Creek.
- 1 – Trinity Lutheran, 2055 Columbia Ave. E
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- 2, 3, 22, 23 – Battle Creek First Assembly of God, 800 S. 24th St.
8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 4, 10 – Christ United Methodist Church, 65 N. Bedford Road
9:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
- 5, 20 – First Wesleyan, 14425 S. Helmer Road
9 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- 6, 9 – Chapel Hill United Methodist, 157 Chapel Hill Drive
9 a.m.-noon/1-4 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday
- 7, 13 – Trinity United Methodist, 10 W. Bidwell
9 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday
- 8 – St. Peter Lutheran, 1079 Riverside Drive
8 a.m.-noon Monday-Thursday
- 12, 21 – Second Missionary Baptist, 485 N. Washington Ave.
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 9 a.m.-noon Friday
- 18 – Cherry Hill Manor, 250 Champion St.
8 a.m.-noon/1-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- 19 – Maple United Methodist, 342 Capital Ave. NE
9 a.m.-noon Monday-Friday
- Faith Assembly International Christian Fellowship, 400 W. Michigan Ave.
- New Harvest Christian Center Inc., 155 W. Van Buren St.
8 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday
- Macedonia Missionary Baptist Church, 636 W. Van Buren St.
10 a.m.-2 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday; 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Wednesday
- Mt. Zion AME Church, 364 W. Van Buren St.
- First Salem Missionary Baptist Church, 370 Capital Ave. SW
8 a.m.-6 p.m. most days
- Save-A-Lot, 250 E. Roosevelt Ave.
8 a.m.-8 p.m. every day
- NorthPointe Woods Pineview Assisted Living, 706 North Ave.
9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Battle Creek Community Foundation, 32 W. Michigan Ave., Suite 1
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Kool Family Community Center, 200 W. Michigan Ave.
6 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Friday; 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday
- Urban League of Battle Creek, 172 W. Van Buren St.
9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Battle Creek Housing Commission, 250 Champion St.
7 a.m.-noon/1-4 p.m. Monday-Friday
- Willard Library, 7 W. Van Buren St.
9 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 9 a.m.-6 p.m. Friday; 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Saturday
The Clerk’s Office will be open the following extra/extended hours before the deadline:
- 8 a.m. – noon Saturday, Oct. 29
- 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 1
- 8 a.m. – 2 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 5