Battle Creek Fire Causes Thousands In Damage
Several residents of a Battle Creek multi-unit building had to be evacuated from their homes Monday afternoon, after a cooking fire sparked.
Fire crews responded to the 100 block of Bryant Street in Battle Creek on reports of a structure fire. At the scene, firefighters spotted smoke coming from the building. Firefighters entered the building and checked all the units, but everyone had already escaped safely.
The fire was put out quickly, containing the actual fire damage to just one unit, with other units in the building suffering smoke damage.
Estimated damage due to the blaze was around $70,000. The fire is believed to have started from a cooking accident, but the incident remains under investigation.