Battle Creek Roof Sit 2018 – How You Can Support Haven Of Rest
TOTAL AS OF 4:00pm SATURDAY: $54,135
The 95.3 WBCK Morning Show with Tim Collins, Heather McGregor, Brandon James, Nico Berrios and Lacy James are on airwaves live from the roof of Mancino’s Pizza & Grinders, in front of the Meijer on West Columbia. The goal has been set at $60,000 to fund "Inasmuch House", Calhoun County's place for homeless families. WBCK Listeners, and fans of "Free Beer & Hot Wings" on "104.9 The Edge" will be asked to contribute what they can to fund the shelter.
- Who: 95.3 WBCK, 104.9 The Edge, Inasmuch House Volunteers, and Mancino’s Pizza & Grinders.
- What: Raising $60,000 during the 12th Annual Roofsit to Benefit the Haven of Rest’s Inasmuch House.
- When: June 22nd and 23rd from 6am-6pm each day
- Where: Up on the Roof at Mancino’s Pizza & Grinders, 2171 West Columbia; Dan and Kelly Frever own the store.
- Why: Inasmuch House is Calhoun County’s only shelter for homeless families.
- How: Call 441-0075 to donate, or you can drop a donation in the bright green buckets at one of more than a dozen volunteer brigade locations around town. Donate on the web by CLICKING HERE
Twelve years ago, during a meeting at the Battle Creek Radio Stations on Golden Avenue, the staff were talking about the next project to do for the community. It was Kelley Parish, morning show personality on 104.9FM came up with the idea: “Let’s do a roof sit to raise money for the homeless shelter.” More than a decade later, and more than $400,000, we’re still at it!
BONUS VIDEO: Brandon James interviews 10-year-old volunteer Summer Stone of Marshall who, besides Roof Sit, spends as much time as she can helping people