Battle Creek’s City Clerk Seeks Election Workers
The Battle Creek City Clerk’s Office is seeking individuals interested in helping work at one of the city’s 23 precincts for the August 7th primary and the November 6th elections. There are three types of positions available with pay ranging from $10 to $12 per hour.
Interested persons must meet certain requirements:
- Be age 16-18 and a Michigan resident; or be age 18 or older, a U.S. citizen, and a registered Michigan voter
- Attend a training session
- Be able to work at any polling location
- Be able to work from 6 a.m. on Election Day until the polls have closed and final balancing is complete (typically a 16-hour day)
- Be available for additional balancing at the Calhoun County Board of Canvassers as necessary
- Not ever have been convicted of a felony or election crime
Applications and further information can be found here.