Battle Creek’s Park Hill Neighborhood Seeing Boil Water Advisory
A large number of streets in the Park Hill neighborhood are now under a boil water advisory in Battle Creek.
The city says Wednesday morning that residents along affected streets should boil their water for at least a minute before using it for drinking, brushing teeth, washing dishes, food preparation or making ice, or you could just use bottled water.
These streets are seeing water shutoffs today while the city does work to the water main, as a part of a large improvement project that’s been going on in recent weeks. Water main work causes a lowering in water pressure, which can introduce bacteria.
The following streets are under a boil water advisory until further notice:
- Walter Ave. between Washington Ave. and Congress St.
- Orin St. between Washington Ave. and Hanover St.
- Seedorf St. between Hanover and Congress
- Buckeye St. between Emmett St. and Seedorf
- Hazel St. between Emmett and Seedorf
- Wilkes St. between Emmett and Seedorf
- Congress between Walter and Seedorf
Boil Water Advisories typically last at least 24 hours, but can last longer.