Pet Dead, $300,000 In Damage Done After Monday Night Fire In Battle Creek
A large fire at a home in Battle Creek left one pet dead, and caused hundreds of thousands of dollars in damage Monday night.
The Battle Creek Fire Department says that firefighters were called to the home in the 300 block of Minges Hills Dr. around 7:12pm Monday, after Battle Creek Police Officers were originally called due to an intrusion alarm. Inside the home, they found a fire that started in a laundry room and spread.
The main fire was put out, but crews were on the scene for around 3 hours after it spread to the attic via smoldering insulation; authorities say that “extensive smoke and heat damage” was done, estimated at around $300,000.
No one was hurt in this fire, as the owners were out of town; however, a pet cat was found dead on the main floor.
Right now, investigators say that it appears the fire was started by an electrical problem.
BONUS: Miles For Memories Moment For November 28, 2017
Subscribe to WBCKFM on