BCCF Establishes ‘Help Now!’ Fund
With a starting gift from the Kellogg Company, the Battle Creek Community Foundation has established a "Help Now!" fund following the weekend's shootings in Kalamazoo in which six people were shot and killed. Three of the victims were from Battle Creek.
A news release issued by the foundation reads as follows:
In the aftermath of the terror and violence of the Kalamazoo shootings a “Help Now!” fund has been established to meet the many needs of the community to grieve, heal and address violence and create safer communities now and well into the future.
The uses of the fund may include:
- Sponsoring community vigils and anti-violence education events and activities
- Supporting special financial needs of the victims and their families
- Specially designed community counseling, healing and safety services that address the aftermath of violence
- Citizen safety planning and violence preparedness efforts
- Other activities directed toward reducing violence
This fund is designed to provide a constructive outlet for those who wish to act with financial gifts in the aftermath of the recent Kalamazoo shootings.
A lead gift has already been provided by the Kellogg Company.
Gifts may be sent to:
Battle Creek Community Foundation
32 W. Michigan
Battle Creek, MI 49017
Give Online at: http:// www.bccfoundation.org/HelpNow
Text to Give: “Support now” to 20222