Believe In America’s Greatness? Depends On Your Generation
I unfortunately came across a new survey produced by The Foundation for Liberty and American Greatness (FLAG) that has given us some sad news.
The first annual State of American Patriotism report was recently released, they surveyed 1,078 Americans. The survey was conducted by the polling firm YouGov, and it revealed that younger Americans under the age of 38 who are called the Gen Z and Millennial generation are becoming, as the grouped found:
unmoored from the institutions, knowledge, and spirit traditionally associated with American patriotism.
I wonder why people of their age have the following beliefs discovered in the survey:
- Half of those surveyed believe the United States is sexist (50%) and racist (49%)
- American exceptionalism is on the decline. 46% of younger Americans do not agree that “America is the greatest country in the world”
- 38% of younger Americans do not agree that “America has a history that we should be proud of”
- One in eight (14%) of Millennials agree that “America was never a great country and it never will be”
- 46% of younger Americans agree that “America is more racist than other countries”
- 84% of Americans do not know the specific rights enumerated in the First Amendment
- 19% of Millennials believe that the American flag is “a sign of intolerance and hatred”
- 44% of younger Americans believe Barack Obama had a “bigger impact” on America than George Washington
It is really sad to think that these generations who have more than any generation before them would feel this way.
Could it be the great public education they are receiving?
Could it be that people from the left side of our politics, including the media, pundits and politicians daily speaking of only the bad deeds that have happened in American and rarely if ever the great deeds performed by Americans and America? The great deeds and opportunities that America has done and offers far outweighs any bad deeds performed by Americans and America.
Could it be the failure of their parents not informing them of how great America is?
The Founder of FLAG, was quoted in the release of the survey stating:
We suspected that we would find decreasing numbers of Americans well-versed in our nation’s most important principles and young people less patriotic than the generations that came before, but we were totally unprepared for what our national survey reveals: an epidemic of anti-Americanism. That half of millennials and Gen Z believe that the country in which they live is both ‘racist’ and ‘sexist’ shows that we have a major fraction of an entire generation that has been indoctrinated by teachers starting in grade school that America is what’s wrong with the world.
If we allow this trend to continue it will only hasten the demise of this great country called America.
By the way if this country is not great and exceptional and is so racist, sexist and filled with intolerance and hate why are so many people risking their lives traveling 1000’s of miles to break into the country?
Answer that question haters, you can always move to Honduras if you believe this country is racist, sexist and filled with intolerance and hate.