Collins’ Critters: Review of Electronic Pet Door
If you’re tired of letting your pets in and out, then here’s a solution that worked for us.
About 2 ½ years ago, my wife and I decided to invest in an automatic pet door, and it really changed our lives!
There are a lot of automatic pet door options out there, ranging anywhere from $20 to well-over $1,000. We spent $1,400, not including installation! My mom almost passed out! I shouldn’t have told her. Looking back, is it worth it? You bet.
WHAT WE CONSIDERED:
- Was it big enough for Race, our big 80 pound dog?
- Was it secure enough to keep unwanted critters and would-be burglars out?
- Were the collar keys that opened the door durable and weather resistant?
- Was the door motor powerful enough to hold up over long-term use?
- Did the company have a good track record and customer service reputation?
- Was it safe for the dogs and cats?
We decided that we might as well get the best, and for us, that was the Plexidor Electronic large wall-mount pet door.
We could have installed it ourselves, but for that kind of money, we decided to spend a couple hundred more and have a professional contractor install it, to ensure that it was done properly.
We’ve had six pets (four dogs and two cats) using our door — going in and out whenever they want to — with no issues in 2 ½ years. Our pets sure love the freedom of coming and going as they please through our automatic pet door!
ABOUT THE AUTOMATIC PET DOOR:
Whenever security and pet access control are priorities, the PlexiDor Electronic dog door is the preferred choice of pet owners worldwide.
The door has a composite panel that slides up and down like a miniature garage door. When inactive, the panel acts as a security door.
Using state-of-the art RFID technology, the sensor reads the pre-programmed code to automatically open and close only for pets equipped with a programmed collar key. Other animals have to stay outside.
The collar key is waterproof and weighs only 0.4 ounces. It snaps onto the pet’s collar. The door can be adjusted to control how long the panel stays open. The PlexiDor electronic plugs into a standard household power outlet or can be hardwired. It is easy to program and even easier to use.
- Dogs up to 125 pounds
- Door units are framed to fit a standard exterior house door
- Wall units can be installed into stud, brick, block or cement exterior walls up to 12 inches thick
- Includes an aluminum tunnel that connects the interior and exterior frame
- Never purchase replacement flaps again
- Highest energy efficiency
- Manufactured in the USA
- 5-year residential warranty