Uncertified results are in for yesterday’s election.
- Governor Snyder defeated Democratic challenger Mark Schauer
- Secretary of State Ruth Johnson defeated her challenger Godfrey Dillard
- Attorney General Bill Schuette beat Democrat Mark Totten
- Brian Zahra, Richard Bernstein and David Viviano won in the State Supreme Court races
- Justin Amash beat Bob Goodrich for the 3rd District US House seat
- Fred Upton beat Paul Clements to keep his 6th District US House seat
- Tim Walberg beat Pam Byrnes in the 7th District US house district
- Mike Noffs beat Greg Grieves for the State Senate 19th district seat
- Margaret O’Brien declared victory over Sean McCann for the State Senate 20th district early this morning after late results gave her a slight lead
- Brandt Iden beat John Fisher in the 61st State House district
- Doctor John Bizon beat Andy Helmboldt in the 62nd State House district
- David Maturen beat Bill Farmer in the 63rd State House district
- Aric Nesbitt beat Annie Brown in the 66th State House district
- Sarah Lincoln defeated Marshall Mayor Jim Dyer for the circuit court judgeship 17171 – 11892
- Tiffany Ankley beat Namita Sharma to be Probate Judge in Kalamazoo County
CALHOUN COUNTY COMMISSION
- Carla Reynolds beat Patrick O’Donnell for the Calhoun County 2nd District Commissioner seat
- Jim Haadsma beat Bryan Smith for the Calhoun County 3rd District Commissioner seat
- Steve Frisbie beat Tabitha T. Young Mingus for the Calhoun County 4th District Commissioner seat
- Michael Bearman beat Marcy Sacks for the Calhoun County 7th District Commissioner sea
- Maurice Barnes Junior beat KimBra Estelle for the Albion City Council Precinct 1 seat
- Kari Shurig beat Harry Marshall for the Marshall City Council Ward 1 seat
- Joe Caron beat Jody Mankerian for the Marshall City Council Ward 5 seat
COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOARDS
- Jon Byrd, Reba Harrington and Patrick O’Donnell won seats on the Kellogg Community College Board of Trustees
- Mary Gustas and Lucinda Stinson won seats on the Kalamazoo Valley Community College Board of Trustees
ALBION SCHOOL BOARD
- Ronnie Sims beat Raymond James Stone II for the Albion Public Schools Board
BATTLE CREEK PUBLIC SCHOOLS BOARD
- Karen Helen-Reid Evans and Arthur McClenney won the race for the Battle Creek Public Schools Board
LAKEVIEW SCHOOL BOARD
- Mary Jane Cipcic, Mike Ormstead and Brad Palmer won election to the Lakeview School District Board
- Michael DeRyder and Mellisa McGinley won election to the Bellevue Community Schools Board
PENNFIELD ROAD MILLAGE
- Pennfield voters approved their road repair millage proposal
SHERIDAN TOWNSHIP ROAD MILLAGE
- Sheridan Township voters narrowly defeated their road millage proposal
- Tekonsha voters said ‘no’ to a library millage proposal
ATHENS SCHOOLS BOND
- Athens voters approved a school bonding proposal
WOLF HUNTING PROPOSALS
- Both wolf hunting proposals on the statewide ballot were voted down
KALAMAZOO CITY COMMISSION CHANGES
Voters in Kalamazoo made major changes to the way their city government is elected at the polls Tuesday.
- Five city charter amendments were approved by voters. One of the amendments makes the mayor position a separate election from the commission.
- The second amendment switched commission terms from two years to four and staggers the elections.
- The third amendment makes the vice mayor the commissioner with the most votes in the election.
- Amendment four calls for a new election if a commissioner leaves office in the first two years of his or her four year term.
- Amendment five requires a commissioner to resign if they want to run in the mayoral election.
For detailed results check Election Magic