House Fire Turns Up Meth Lab In Battle Creek
A house fire led to the discovery of a meth lab in Battle Creek Friday morning.
Battle Creek Firefighters were called to a home in the 100 block of Union St around 1am Friday, and found a fire going in the living room. The fire was extinguished, and after it was put out a possible meth lab was discovered inside.
However, investigators don’t believe that the fire was caused by the meth lab; it appears it was sparked by the fireplace. The home, which didn’t have working smoke detectors, suffered an estimated $25,000 in damage.
The Battle Creek Police are now investigating the scene for possible criminal activity.