Kalamazoo Klassic 5k and 10k Run
The thrill, the will, the hill... The Kalamazoo Klassic 5k, 10k and kids run will take place June 17 and 18, 2016.
- What: Kalamazoo Klassic 5k, 10k and kids run
- When: Friday and Saturday, June 17 and 18, 2016
- Where: At/near the Maple St. YMCA 1001 W. Maple St., Kalamazoo
- How Much: $30 pre-registration, $35 day of event. The first 500 kids registered run FREE
This weekend marks the 38th running of the Kalamazoo Klassic 5k, 10k and kids run!
Runners compete on a unique course with a downhill finish for the 5k (that never happens, trust me) and 10k runners face the hill in the middle of their effort.
Weekend Schedule of Events:
Friday, June 17:
- Kids' Klassic 1K & 2K 6:00 p.m. Maple Street YMCA
- Race Packet Pick-up 4-7:30 p.m. Maple Street YMCA
Saturday, June 18:
- 10k Run and 10k Team Challenge 7:30 a.m.
- 5k Run & Walk and 5k Team Challenge 9:00 a.m.
- Race Packet Pick-up from 6:00 a.m. until 30 minutes before race start
Staggered start times allow runners to compete in both the 5k and 10k if they are up for the challenge.
The Kalamazoo Klassic is a Kalamazoo Area Runners event and proceeds benefit MRC Industries in its mission "to encourage and support individuals living with a disability to achieve their fullest potential through employment, skill-building and active community involvement."