Lit Candle Causes Fire, Death in BC
A fire this morning in Battle Creek has been deemed accidental after an 83-year-old man was found dead inside. Firefighters responded to the first block of South 27th Street around 11am after a neighbor was looking the man that lived at the home, 83-year-old Louis Ryason. He was found dead inside the bathroom. Authorities believe that a candle that was lit during Wednesday’s evening power outage caught the mattress on fire while Ryason was asleep, and he was trying to take off his clothes when his clothes caught fire. The fire had put itself out and was contained to the bedroom.