Monday Random Facts
Today's Random Facts are designed to astound and amaze! And I'll be astounded if you're amazed. (Insert RIM SHOT here) Seriously--no I mean it, SERIOUSLY, these are the little tidbits of information that make life on this tired old planet interesting and tolerable. Share these in polite company, and you'll be a hit.
1. The worst hashtag you can use on Instagram is #drunk. Photos with that hashtag get 40% fewer likes than photos without it . . . no other hashtag has THAT detrimental of an effect. (I know--it seemed SO FUNNY at the time. Remember: friends don't let friends #drunk.)
2. The first five home products that used electricity were the sewing machine, the fan, the tea kettle, the toaster . . . and the vibrating adult love toy. (Kindly note the delicate and sensitive manner in which I handle the previous. Nice, huh? You could let your grandmother read this one!)
3. It's illegal in France to name a pig "Napoleon." (So--don't do that thing.)
4. The first big studio movie to feature the F-word was "MASH" in 1970. There was a big football game at the climax of the movie and a character named Painless says, quote, "All right, Bud, your [effing] head is coming right off!" (Where else could you get the evolution of the F-word in cinema than right here?)
5. VERNE TROYER . . . a.k.a. Mini-Me from the "Austin Powers" movies . . . was raised Amish. (Born in Sturgis and raised in Centerville, Michigan was he.)
I should like to leave you with this video. Granted, it's NOT a cat video, I still think it's kinda cute, especially if you have little ones.
Kid Falls Asleep, Drives Tractor in Circles