Portions Of Post Addition Under Boil Water Advisory Tuesday
A portion of the Post Addition neighborhood is now under a boil water advisory.
The City of Battle Creek says Tuesday morning that residents on the affected streets should boil their water for at least a minute before using it for drinking, brushing teeth, washing dishes, food preparation or making ice, or you could just use bottled water.
These streets are seeing water shutoffs while the city does work to the water main, as a part of a large improvement project that’s been going on in recent weeks. Water main work causes a lowering in water pressure, which can introduce bacteria.
The Following Streets Are Under A Boil Water Advisory Until Further Notice:
- Elm St. between Mary St. and Cliff St.
- Douglas St. between Post Ave. and Cliff
- Highway St. between Post and Cliff
- Cliff between Main St. Jericho Rd.
- Lathrop Ave. between Main and Highway
- Post between Main and Illinois St.
Boil Water Advisories typically last for at least 24 hours, until testing can come back and show that the water is safe for consumption.