Roofsit 2017: Thank you Calhoun County!
It was an unbelievable weekend. WBCK and 104.9 the Edge, Townsquare Media's Calhoun County Radio Stations, raised more than $56,000 to fund "Inasmuch House", the only community shelter for homeless families. The weather was pretty scary as we started out at 5am on Friday morning, but the thunderstorms parted and just missed the roof at Mancino's on West Columbia Avenue. It was pretty windy the rest of the weekend, but the weather was otherwise perfect.
Here are a few photos from the event.
So many people helped us out, from the dozens of Bucket Brigade volunteers, the guys at the Haven of Rest's recovery program, and hundreds of generous donors.
We have so many people to thank, and we probably will forget some, but here are a few:
- Kelly and Dan Frever, owners of Mancino’s on West Columbia, the hosts of our event again this year.
- CTS Telecom, for running the phone lines from the street to the roof at Mancino’s, and supplying the phones that our volunteers used to take pledges. Thanks to Patrick O’Donnell of CTS for his "above and beyond" contribution.
- Besco Water, making sure we all stayed hydrated and healthy up on the roof.
- Haylett RV, for supplying us with a really beautiful RV for us to use as a place to rest, and use as our emergency backup studio.
- Thanks to our partners, Phil at Battle Creek Rental Equipment and Pat at All You Need Grand Rental.
- Derek King, owner of King Jewelers, 2811 Capital Avenue SW in Battle Creek.
- The Northern Tempest Band, for giving a free concert on Saturday afternoon, and donating the proceeds of all the CD's they sold.