Seven Ways to Lose Friends and Irritate People
Now, I FULLY understand that NONE of the following applies to YOU.
Or ME, as a matter of fact. WE are all charming and NEVER off-putting. At ALL times appropriate and considerate. Witty and cheerful when the mood permits. Gentle and subdued. That's US. ALWAYS sensitive to the environment and the people therein.
However, If you've ever wanted to lose all your friends and become an OUTCAST, here are ten good ways to get started. Basically, they all come down to being selfish and inconsiderate.
1. Wasting other people's time. Also known as constantly being LATE.
2. Ignoring people below you. Whether it's because of your ability level, your job position, or something else. If you only have time for people who can give you something . . . you suck.
3. Asking for too many favors.
4. Asking questions just so YOU can talk. Like when you ask someone for their opinion about something, just so you can interrupt them and give YOUR opinion instead.
5. Always being "on." It's fine to be funny, witty, or the life of the party. But if you NEVER dial it back, it's annoying.
6. Seeing someone make fun of themselves, and assuming it gives YOU permission to make fun of them.
7. Humblebragging. That's when you say something that SOUNDS humble, but you're really just trying to show off. Everybody sees through it, and everybody hates it.
But again, that's NEVER us...is it?