Stuff You Might Have Missed.
I think that's a much better headline than say, Stupid News Highlights. Maybe it's just me, but I think THIS is the truly interesting news of the day. We'll always have crime, fire, politics etcetera, but THIS is the stuff that is somewhat rare, and to be savored. Prepare yourself to enjoy the following:
1. People born in the fall are most likely to live to 100. Heroin, cocaine, and LSD are three of the 10 most expensive materials in the world. And Michael Bolton once auditioned to replace Ozzy Osbourne in Black Sabbath. (Full Story)
2. Believe it or not, a new survey found women are now MORE attracted to men in SENSIBLE cars than expensive or flashy cars. Only one in 10 women say they'd date a guy they weren't physically attracted to because of his car. (Full Story)
3. According to a new survey, the three places where we feel the most self-conscious about our bodies are the gym . . . the beach . . . and the doctor's office. (Full Story)
4. When did you really start feeling old? In a new survey, the most common answer was . . . age 50. About 80% of people started truly feeling old at 50 . . . only 5% started feeling old at age 40. (Full Story)
5. According to a new survey, 60% of women say they're now more likely to handle certain chores that boyfriends or husbands used to do . . . including fixing a leaky sink, replacing a blown fuse, fixing a running toilet, and hanging pictures. (Full Story)
6. A new study found the key to making your marriage last after someone cheats is . . . admitting it. When couples in the study admitted their cheating, only 43% wound up divorced . . . when they DIDN'T admit cheating, 80% wound up divorced. The researchers say it's because admitting it helps you work through it and figure out the root cause. (Full Story)
7. A new survey found America's favorite fast food items. The best burger is at Wendy's . . . the best fries are McDonald's . . . the best chicken sandwich is Chick-fil-A . . . the best Mexican food is Chipotle . . . and the best coffee is Starbucks. (Full Story)
8. The irony here is almost TOO perfect. At least four people who attended a major food safety conference in Baltimore got sick earlier this week . . . from FOOD POISONING. The Maryland health department is investigating. (Full Story)
9. Last week, a 22-year-old guy from Canada made the news when he posted a 10-second YouTube video where he's standing next to a train . . . and the conductor KICKS HIM IN THE HEAD. Well, thanks to 24 MILLION views, he could earn up to $250,000 in ad revenue and licensing from the video. (Full Story)
10. A 21-year-old in England was busted in December for stealing a car. And when they caught him, he had CRACK in the car. So he got 18 months in prison for the car theft, but was never charged for the crack. Apparently he was curious about that, so earlier this month he called the cops and asked about the drug charges. They'd forgotten . . . but since he reminded them he got two more years in prison. (Full Story)
11. A man tried to rob two stores in Rhode Island on Monday . . . by pretending a POTATO was a gun. It didn't work . . . a convenience store clerk chased him off with a baseball bat and a dry cleaning cashier gave him a counterfeit $20. The police are trying to track him down. (Full Story)
12. A couple in Connecticut survived a house fire last Monday, but lost everything. Then firefighters found a ring in the ashes that the guy was secretly planning to propose with. And when they gave it to him, he immediately got down on one knee, right in front of the burned-out house. And five days later, they got MARRIED in the front yard. (Full Story)
Now, a couple of BONUS features! I am a generous chap.
32 Painfully True Facts About Everyday Life
And my personal favorite. A real laugh out loud bit.
36 Clever Jokes You Have to be A Little Nerdy to Find Funny
BLURB: There’s fart humor and then there’s clever humor. These come from the latter camp.