The Battle Creek Fire Department says they were called to the home in the first block of Christy Rd. around 1:30pm Thursday, to find “heavy black smoke” coming from the house’s attached garage. The homeowner was outside, and said that the car had caught fire in the garage.
The Battle Creek Fire Department says that they were called just before 2:30pm Monday to Great Lakes Recycling on Raymond Rd, on reports of a 300 gallon above ground tank catching fire. As fire crews arrived, an explosion was seen inside a nearby building, which sparked a fire inside.
Firefighters from several agencies were called to the grass fire near I-94 and Beadle Lake Rd. around 2:30pm Monday; around 7pm a firefighter from Athens accidentally shot himself, causing a gunshot wound to his groin area.
The Battle Creek Fire Department says that they were called around 9:30pm to the Village Inn Apartments on Riverside Dr, after a fire started in a unit’s kitchen. When firefighters arrived, smoke was coming from the 3rd floor of the structure.