The Fire Hub Opens in Battle Creek
The long-awaited opening of the Fire Hub and Kendall Street Pantry took place this morning in Battle Creek.
The Firekeepers Casino Hotel-owned facility is set in a former fire station on Kendall Street just off of Dickman Road. According to a release, the Fire Hub provides another restaurant option in the area, with 80 percent of profits benefitting local charities. The other 20 percent goes toward maintenance.
Vegetables will also be provided through tribal lands through the Nottawaseppi Huron Band of Potawatomi and assist local schools. The pantry will work with the Food Bank of South Central Michigan.
With another look at the inside of the Fire Hub, Richard Piet has a sneak peek!
Subscribe to WBCKFM on