Townsquare Media – Battle Creek Job Opportunities
- Industry: Media – Radio
- Office Location: Battle Creek, MI (View Map)
- Job Openings:
- Media Digital Sales Executive
- Creative Services & Sales Assistant Intern
Start Date: Immediate
Position : Media Digital Sales Executive
- As part of an on-going recruitment campaign for our radio and digital advertising sales team, we are looking for an Account Executive who has the ability and desire to make a lot of calls to businesses, create relationships with current and potential clients and create great on-going advertising campaigns. Candidates must demonstrate dependability, passion, strong communication and problem-solving skills. Business acumen, open-mindedness and a sense of what it takes to win are essential. PREVIOUS BROADCAST/DIGITAL SALES EXPERIENCE A PLUS.
- A Townsquare Media Account Executive is the primary contact to existing and prospective customers. You will develop business relationships; sell radio advertising, our digital portfolio of products, event sponsorships and sales promotion packages by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- •Promote and sell advertising programs which include local radio, digital products such as display, streaming, loyalty programs and digital marketing services
•Leverage our live event platform to sell sponsorship and sales programs to new and existing clients
•Cultivate new relationships with local businesses thru effective cold calling & networking
•Develop advertising campaigns for clients, both new and existing
•Prepares advertising schedules, promotional plans, sales literature, proposals and sales contracts.
•Responsible to accurately project revenues, meet and exceed monthly budgets for all product lines and over-achieve annual budgets
•Enter new customer data and other sales contract details for clients into computer database
•Follow accountability set forth by your Sales Manager to help guide you to success achieving monthly sales quotas consistently
•Provide insight and value to executive management to shape the future of our organization
Start Date: Rolling
Position: Creative Services & Sales Assistant Intern
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Undergraduate (sophomore, junior or senior) or graduate OF Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Film, Sales, Video and Media Studies or similar-field-of-study student
- Creative, ambitious, energetic and motivated individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer technical skills (preferred but not required: WordPress, iMovie, Adobe Premiere, PowerPoint etc.)
- Must be reliable and demonstrate excellent follow-through, project management, teamwork and technical skills
- Must be able to commit to the position for at least one semester
- Must receive college credit for the internship (this is an unpaid position)
- The Townsquare Media Southwest Michigan Intern will work as part of the Townsquare Media (TSM) team, under the supervision of the Director of Sales assisted by Digital Managing Editor, to provide assistance and support in creating marketing packages and sales promotional packages, writing and transcribing commercial copy, inputting and manage sales orders and assist with community outreach for the stations (Mix 104.9 WBXX and WBCK News Talk 95.3). Depending on the focus of the student’s degree additional sales experience can be worked in. The intern will interact with TSM team members, listeners and media representatives to help build and maintain a strong brand image and streamline the work flow of sales teams while disseminating information regarding each of TSM’s local stations. The position requires 12-20 hours per week.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The intern may work on the following projects:
- Write press releases and disseminate information to media outlets
- Grow the local digital audience and assist with social media presence of stations
- Assist in creative projects, including promotional packages and client ads
- Attend TSM Southwest Michigan’s Live Events as part of the team
Oops! We could not locate your form.
TOWNSQUARE MEDIA BROADCASTING, LLC MAINTAINS A DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE AND IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. APPLICANTS MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Townsquare Media provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related) or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. In addition, Townsquare Media complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Townsquare Media has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.