Verlander’s Back Saturday
After missing the first two and a half months of the season due to an arm injury, Justin Verlander is scheduled to start for the Tigers Saturday against Cleveland. Broadcast time is 3:40 p.m. on 95.3 WBCK.
Here's more about today's game:
Saturday, June 13 vs. Cleveland Indians at 4:08 p.m. Gates Open at 2:30 p.m.
· 5th Annual Classic Car Show: Enjoy classic automobiles before the Tigers game from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in front of Comerica Park, presented By Motor City Casino Hotel and Total Performance Engine Oils.
· UMPS Care: Through The BLUE Crew Ticket program, participants are selected through Boys and Girls Club of America and the Dave Thomas Foundation to receive complimentary game tickets, a Tigers cap, food and beverage vouchers, baseball themed items and a photo to remember their experience at Comerica Park. Additionally all guests are given the opportunity to meet the umpires and take a photo on the field.
· The game ball will be delivered by 1st Lieutenant Gil Morales of the U.S Army from Albuquerque, NM. 1LT Morales recently returned from deployment in Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. His awards inclue a Bronze Star, an Army Achievement Medal, a National Defense Service Medal, an Army Service Ribbon, a Global War on Terrorism Service Medal, an Afghanistan Campaign Medal, an Overseas Sercvice Ribbon, an Armed Forces Reserve Medal, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization Ribbon. He has proudly served the United States Army for six years.
· The ceremonial first pitch will be thrown by Les Gold, star of TV’s Hardcore Pawn.
· The national anthem will be performed by vocalist Dan Romzek.