What are your least-favorite Christmas songs?
We bring ‘em out and dust ‘em off each December, and just like those embarrassing home made Christmas Decorations I made in grade school, those novelty Christmas songs out of storage again. But a little bit goes a long way for these silly Yule ditties. What are your least-favorite novelty Christmas tunes? (The ones you don’t really even want to hear once a year).
- “Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer” Although it’s fun to make up parodies about other people getting run over…..like politicians and celebrities.
- “The Chipmunk Song Christmas Don’t Be Late” by Alvin & The Chipmunks. It’s like the Christmas version of “It’s a Small World.”
- “Barking Dogs Jingle Bells” by….the Barking Dogs. I get enough of that at home!
- “All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth”…. and not to hear this song.
- “The 12 Days of Christmas”. Really? It’s like hearing my Aunt Betty recite the long list of bargains she got at Walmart…..over and over and over.
What about you? What songs could you do without this Christmas season?