WIC Project Fresh Offered At Kalamazoo Farmer’s Market
A collaborative effort to provide food education and coupons is planned for this summer in Kalamazoo. Here is more information from Michigan State University:
YOUNG FAMILIES AND SENIORS GAIN ACCESS TO
MICHIGAN FRESH PRODUCE THIS SUMMER
The Kalamazoo Farmer’s Market, 1204 Bank St will be the host site for WIC Project Fresh Programs this summer. The Project Fresh Program partners with the WIC Program, Kalamazoo Farmers Market and Kalamazoo County MSU Extension to provide nutrition education and free produce coupons for WIC families to purchase Michigan grown, fresh, unprepared fruits and vegetables at WIC authorized farmers’ markets and roadside stands.
Senior Service INC. is hosting the Senior Project Fresh Program. Senior Project Fresh Program improves nutrition for low income adults over age 60 by providing limited resource seniors with free produce coupons which can use at the farmers market.
The schedules for this year Project Fresh Programs are:
● Kalamazoo County Health and Human Services (HCS) WIC Program will provide nutrition education and distribute free produce coupons on Thursday, June 25, 2015 and Tuesday, June 30, 2015 from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at the Kalamazoo Farmer’s Market.
● Family Health Center, WIC Project Fresh Program will be held on Thursday, July 23, 2015 and Thursday, July 30th from 9:00 am to noon at the Kalamazoo Farmer’s Market.
● Senior Project Fresh Program will be held on Thursday, July 16, 2015 from 8:30 am to 12:30 at Senior Services INC., 918 Jasper St, Kalamazoo, MI.
For additional information contact:
Family Health Center - WIC: (269) 349-2647
- Kalamazoo County Health and Community Services – WIC (269) 373-5002.
- Senior Services INC (269) 382-0515 for Senior Project Fresh Program applications .