Young Girl Burned
An 8 year-old Homer girl was seriously burned Thursday evening after her mother poured gasoline on a bonfire. The girl was taken to Oaklawn Hospital and transferred to Bronson Hospital, in Kalamazoo, with serious burns to the lower portion of her body.
The Calhoun County sheriff's department says investigators believe several people were near the fire pit in Homer when the child's mother poured gasoline on the flames, which ignited a vapor trail in the yard.
The Calhoun County Sheriff’s Department, along with Child Protective Services, is investigating the incident.