Interesting WWII Facts
Getty Images By: Win McNamee
I learned some interesting facts from OMG Facts about World War II I wanted to share with you.
- During WWII, General Eisenhower ordered every citizen of Gotha, Germany to tour a concentration camp. After seeing the camp, the mayor hanged himself.
- During WWII the Japanese developed a torpedo with a cockpit.
- When the Emperor told his people that Japan was surrendering in WWII, almost no one understood his Classical Japanese dialect!
- When Germany surrendered after WWII, people in Russia celebrated long enough that they ran out of Vodka!
- A British soldier fought in WW II with a longbow, bagpipes, and a broadsword!
- A fake neighborhood was built in Seattle during WWII!
- Scientists considered bombing Japanese volcanoes in World War II to trigger eruptions.
- During WWII, the United States tried to train BATS to drop bombs in mid-flight.
- The narrow pass from 300 was used by British armies in WWII to defend against Nazis!
- A Japanese soldier refused to surrender to U.S. forces after WWII. Instead, he hid in Guam for 27 years.
- The U.S. printed special money for Hawaii during World War II.
- A World War II aviator was found frozen in a glacier in 2005.
- A Doctor saved thousands of Jews by making up an epidemic!
- Allied forces dropped dummies to trick German armies!
To read more about the info above, visit OMG Facts.