A New Portage Brewery Is Serving Up Presidential Beers
It doesn't matter who you voted for, it just matters that you have a good time!
It's "Beer Brewed by the people for the people"
A new brewery has just opened in Portage. It's called 'Presidential Brewery Company" and it doesn't matter if you are a Democrat, a Republican, or something else. All that is important is that you enjoy time with friends.
Jake and Kayleigh Lohse owners (aka the President and First Lady) of The Presidential Brewing Co., turned their love of hanging out with friends and trying new beers around town into a new business.
Owner Jake Lohse told Mlive...
We never intended to open a brewery but what we found is we really like bringing people together, and I like drinking beer and I like making beer. It turns out beer helps bring people together.
In a heated political time for our country this new brewery seems to lighten the tension many of are feeling. President Jake talked about people hanging out at the brewery to Mlive...
I’m hoping two groups end up at that table and just through proximity have good conversation with one another and maybe make some new friends out of it,
Here are some of the beers you may find on tap...
- Calvin Creamidge, a 5.6 percent (alcohol by volume) cream ale for $4.75
- Fake Brews, a 6.5 percent coffee blonde for $6.25
- Ryesenhower, a 6.5 percent rye IPA for $6.25
- Teddy Brewsevelt, a 6 percent brown ale for $4.75
- Oatbama, a 5.6 percent oatmeal stout, for $6.25
- Write-in ballot: Hallertau Blanc, a six percent IPA for $4.75
- Yes we Köln, a 5.7 percent kölsch made in collaboration with Territorial Brewing Company, for $4.75
- The Big Lewinsky, a 9.4 percent Imperial Brunette, a collaboration with Tantrick Brewing Co., for $7.50
- Barbara Bushels, a 7.3 percent Apfelwein cider for $6.25
The Presidential Brewing Company also serves up some great grub! Here are just few things you will find on the menu...
Pizzas, sandwiches, and appetizers are just the start to they menu. you will also find signature items like the pulled pork with from-scratch beer BBQ sauce, the zingy hawaiian cole slaw, and the french onion beer cheese dip. They also have a kids menu, that they won't judge you if you order from it!
If you would like to check out the Presidential Brewing Company here are their hours...
Open Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m., Fridays from 7 a.m. to 12 a.m., Saturdays 11 a.m. to 12 a.m., and Sundays 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. The brewery is closed Wednesday.
The Presidential Brewing Company can be found at 8302 Portage Road, in Portage.