You hear about it fairly often in the news: Carbon monoxide poisoning caused by heating and air conditioning systems in homes.

Mason Moore and Tina Kyger of CTI Mechanical in Battle Creek tell WBCK carbon monoxide is tricky because you can't smell it or see it. And, even though it is deadly with the right amount of exposure, sometimes homes have a lesser amount of it in the air. That can make a person sick, and they might not realize it's the cause.

Click the player below to hear advice on how to keep carbon monoxide from creeping into your home, as well as how best to be alerted if it does.

Hear The Richard Piet Show weekday mornings from 5:30-9 on WBCK.