Battle Creek To Sell Parcels To MDOT for Traffic Signal Upgrades
The Battle Creek City Commission’s meeting Tuesday includes a resolution that authorizes the City Manager to enter into an Easement for Road Project agreement with MDOT; in exchange for the parcels of land, the City will get over $9,000 as fair market value. With the passage of this resolution, MDOT would purchase the following five parcels of land:
- CS 13032, JN 132618, Parcel 175: Capital Ave. and Clifton Blvd., 12,203 square feet, $6,300
- CS 13121, JN 132618, Parcel 328: E. Fountain St., 402.05 square feet, $2,200
- CS 13121, JN 132618, Parcel 329: McCamly St. and Dickman Rd., 68 square feet, $300
- CS 13121, JN 132618, Parcel 330: McCamly St. and Dickman Rd., 317 square feet, $300
- CS 13121, JN 132618, Parcel 331: McCamly St. and Dickman Rd., 318 square feet, $300
MDOT is preparing to update traffic signals throughout Calhoun County, and they need to secure these easements to make it happen at these intersections.The Battle Creek City Attorney reviewed the documents involved, and did provide form approvals.