Calhoun County Household Hazardous Waste Collection is May 4th
Your first chance to do some serious spring cleaning , and properly dispose of your household hazardous waste is coming up in Marshall on Saturday May 4th. It'll be from 10am to noon at the Calhoun County Building parking lot, intersection of S. Grand Street and W. Hanover Street.
There will also be a collection in Battle Creek on June 1st from 10am to noon at the Toeller Building parking lot, 190 E. Michigan Avenue
A final collection in Marshall: will be held on Saturday, Sept. 28 from 10am to noon at the Calhoun County Building parking lot, intersection of S. Grand Street and W. Hanover Street.
• Brake fluid
• Fire extinguishers
• Household batteries
• Household cleaning products
• Motor oil
• Paint (oil-based or lead only)
• Paint thinner/turpentine
• PCB-containing lamp ballasts
• Photography chemicals
• Pool chemicals
• Propane cylinders (small)
• Smoke detectors
• Transmission fluid
• Tube and CFL light bulbs
• Wood preservatives
The County says NO LATEX PAINT will be accepted at this collection. Latex paint should be dried thoroughly and put out with your trash. They ask that you please read the label on all of your paint cans and only bring oil or lead based paint to the event.
What else do you need to know?
• Please separate oil and lead based paint from all other chemicals.
• Make sure products are labeled or identifiable so they can be properly
• loaded for disposal.
• Make sure that products are securely packed so that they will not break during transport.
• Collection is limited to the items listed above and will be held rain or shine.
• This collection is for residential material only.
For questions or more information, call Sarah Kelly, 269-969-6395