City Commission To Vote On Resurfacing Project For Several Roads Including Helmer
The Battle Creek City Commission will be meeting Tuesday, July 3, and one of the things they will be considering will be another large road repair project.
According to the Commission's agenda, commissioners will vote on a resolution that would authorize the City Manager to sign a contract with the Michigan Department of Transportation for the project, which will have an estimated cost of $743,800; $608,800 will come from the Federal Highway Administration's Surface Transportation Program, with the rest coming from the City.
If the resolution is passed, the following work will take place on Battle Creek roads:
Hot Mix Asphalt Cold Milling and Resurfacing
- Helmer Rd. from Gethings Rd. to Columbia Ave.
- Kendall St. from Dickman Rd. to Michigan Ave.
- Hamblin Ave. from Washington Ave. to Division St.
Fog Seal and Single Chip Sealing
- 24th St. from Gethings to Columbia
- Gethings from Helmer to 24th St.
It's not known when the work would take place, if the project is approved.