Country Over Party or Party Over Country; Government Reopens
Last Friday President Trump cried uncle and gave into the dictatorship of the Democratic Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. I say dictatorship because I was told by a good source that wishes to remain anonymous that she told her caucus that they were able to talk about a compromise in the way of money for a barrier/wall but they were not allowed to bring up a bill or vote for one that had money to protect the United States with a barrier/wall, whatever you want to call it.
So now the government is fully open, all of those federal employees received, whether they wanted to or not, a month paid vacation on us the taxpayer. President Trump took the Democrats at their word, they promised to negotiate and come up with a compromise within three weeks.
What will happen in three weeks, well the President said he has a few options and they are to once again not agree to a Continuing Resolution without barrier/wall funding which would once again partially shut down the government, declare a national emergency and use other monies to build the wall or possibly an option we are not aware of yet.
Do you really believe that Nancy Pelosi is going to somehow have a change of heart and decide that it is best to secure our nations border and protect American citizens, fat chance. She has now tasted blood for the first time and will not allow her caucus to submit or vote for a Continuing Resolution to build a barrier/wall.
So the question is did President Trump blink, cave, say uncle or whatever you would like to call it. I think any of those terms are fair to say. The real question is why did he do what he did and why did the Democrats do what they did.
Did President Trump show that he truly is the better person and decided to choose County over Party or is there another reason? Did the President want to end the suffering and the Democratic Party wanted the country to still suffer?
I think that President Trump found out that the Democratic Party is truly a party of meanness and they would have sold their soul to the devil to win this battle. Thus he chose Country over Party, he does have a heart and he could no longer allow the suffering by some to continue. Yes the suffering would have increased to the wider population and that he could not bear either, but the Democratic Party would have.
I also believe that the Democratic Party actually choose their Party over Country. That should tell all of you all you need to know about today’s Democratic Party. They not only threw the American citizen under the bus but they threw the DACA “children” and TPS (Temporary protected status) recipients under the bus with us, it is getting pretty crowded under that bus. They had a chance to prove to everyone that they did truly care about the DACA “children” and TPS recipients but they decided not to give them what they said they wanted for them, all over what 4 billion dollars.
What is going to happen in 3 weeks, I sadly have to say that I believe nothing.
The Democratic Party and their leadership has shown us who they are, they really do not truly care about people and would only show that caring if it actually helps their party.
So what are the options at this point?
- The ice around Nancy Pelosi’s heart will melt a bit and the compromise will included some funding for a barrier/wall. As I stated above, that will happen when hell freezes over.
- President Trump will declare a national emergency on the border and find the money somewhere in the current budgets to build the barrier/wall. If he goes this route it will take years of court cases for the wall to even begin to be built and secure America and Americans.
- President Trump once again caves and signs a Continuing Resolution without barrier/wall funding. This would only happen if he decides to once again choose Country over Party and there is no other alternative.
- President Trump does not sign a Continuing Resolution and the partial government shutdown resumes. This will not happen.
- Or a fifth option and that is something we spoke about last Friday. The nonpartisan Congressional Research Service (CRS) released a paper internally that suggests President Donald Trump may have the authority to use Department of Defense resources to build a wall without obtaining congressional approval or declaring a state of emergency:
“the Secretary of Defense to assist civilian law enforcement with counterdrug activities may provide some authority for the construction of barriers along the border. 10 U.S.C. § 284 (Section 284) provides that the Secretary of Defense “may provide support for the counterdrug activities or activities to counter transnational organized crime” of any law enforcement agency, including through the “[c]onstruction of roads and fences and installation of lighting to block drug smuggling corridors across international boundaries of the United States…Use of Section 284 would not require a declaration of a national emergency under the NEA. However, the DOD’s Section 284 authority to construct fences appears to extend only to “drug smuggling corridors,” a condition that may limit where DOD could deploy fencing.
My guess is that this fifth option will be the route in which President Trump travels. This takes the argument of using the National Emergency powers away but will still more than likely be challenged in court which means years before America can become more secure.
Did President Trump choose Country over Party?
Did the Democratic Party choose Party over Country?