Battle Creek Police And Others To Take Part In Homicide Investigation Training
The Michigan State Police says that the MSP Training Division and Michigan State University's School of Criminal Justice have teamed up to host Homicide Investigation Training for Michigan Law Enforcement Officers. At the training event, officers were get knowledge and hands-on experience with various different types of crime scenes, and learn how to preserve and investigate them.
Officers will also participate in mock crime scene scenarios, to "practice their skills in crime scene preservation, evidence collection, homicide investigation, and media relations."
Among the departments participating in the training include the Battle Creek Police Department, Kalamazoo County Sheriff's Office, the MSP Niles Post and the Paw Paw Police Department. The complete list can be seen below.
The training takes place Wednesday, June 5, at the Lansing Police Department Special Operations Center.
Departments Participating in Homicide Investigation Training
- Ann Arbor Police Department
- Battle Creek Police Department
- Benzie County Sheriff Office
- Crawford County Sheriff Office
- Grayling Public Safety
- Houghton County Sheriff Office
- Ingham County Sheriff Office
- Kalamazoo County Sheriff Office
- Lansing City Police Department
- MSP Cadillac Post
- MSP Caro Post
- MSP Computer Crimes Unit
- MSP Flint Post
- MSP Lakeview Post
- MSP Metro North Post
- MSP Niles Post
- MSP Second District Headquarters
- MSP Secure Cities Lansing
- MSP Wayland Post
- Paw Paw Police Department
- River Rouge Police Department
- Roscommon County Sheriff Office
- Saginaw Chippewa Tribal Police
- Traverse City Police Department
- Van Buren County Sheriff Office