The Albion Department of Public Safety responded to a reported structure fire at the Albion Housing Commission properties in the 400 block of West Broadwell Street cross of 2nd Street on Monday, March 15.

Upon arrival, firefighters found fire inside the wall in the mechanical room of a vacant apartment. The fire was quickly extinguished and no injuries were reported.

It was determined that maintenance crews had been using a propane torch in the area the fire had started in earlier in the day, which appears to have caused the fire in the wall.

Courtesy of the Albion Department of Public Safety

More From WBCKFM