Marshall’s Ice Wine, Beer, & Blues Festival- What You Need To Know Before You Go
The 2018 Ice, Wine, Beer, & Blues (IWBB) Festival is returning to Downtown Marshall, February 2nd and 3rd. Sure to be bigger and better then ever, here's what you need to know before you go.
I had a chance to speak with Patty Williams, The daughter of Tom Franke and Executive Director at The Franke Center for the Arts. We talked about the IWBB and all the cool stuff happening.
There will be spectacular ice carvings, as well as tastings of specialty red and white wines and craft beers from three local breweries at 10 locations. On the 2nd, the wine and beer tasting will begin at 6 p.m. at ten downtown business locations and will continue until 10 p.m. You must purchase wristbands to sample the beer and wine, they are $25. International ice carver, John Merucci, will be creating ice sculptures starting on Friday afternoon. Jake Kershaw, a Junior at Marshall High School, is the opening act for the main show on Saturday night.
There will also be specially made goblets available for purchase, made by l Jackson artist Romelle Frey to commemorate the occasion. Pre-Sale Goblets (see examples in the gallery below) locations are: 'Oerther’s Grandma’s Toys and Treats' and 'Paper & i' as well as the day/night of the event.
Here is your list of tasting locations.
1. PURE EDEN - 213 W. Michigan Ave
2. EAST END GALLERY –143 W. Michigan Ave
3. HODGES – 117 W. Michigan Ave
4. OFF SKATE VINTAGE –127 W. Michigan Ave.
5. QUALITY ENGRAVING – 221 W. Michigan
6. MOLE HOLE –150 W. Michigan Ave.
7. HANDLE & HINGE –148 W. Michigan
8. GREEN SCENE –142 W. Michigan Ave.
9. SERENDIPITY -108 W. Michigan Ave.
10. TRAILBLAZERS –111 W. Michigan Ave.
As a bonus, here's a peek inside the Franke Center
The promotional video for the event...