Person Taken To Hospital After Home Fire In Battle Creek
The Battle Creek Fire Department has issued a reminder, after a residential fire Sunday morning.
Just before 7am Sunday, firefighters responded to the 100 block of Winston Dr in Battle Creek, to find flames and heavy smoke coming from a home. The occupant and their dog had managed to escape, although the person had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Crews entered the house and beat back the flames, with around $48,000 in damage being done. The cause of the fire is still being looked into by the Fire Marshal.
Authorities say that the residence did not have working smoke detectors, so the BCFD would like to remind residents to make sure that the detectors and alarms in your home are functional, to avoid dangerous situations like this one.