Recent Battle Creek Case Underscores Dangers of Carbon Monoxide
A recent case of the carbon monoxide poisoning of a Battle Creek family has local emergency officials reminding residents not to put themselves in danger.
The family, apparently trying to keep warm for the night inside a commercial building in Battle Creek, strung together a heater powered by a gasoline generator. Calhoun County Sheriff Matt Saxton tells 95.3 WBCK exhaust from the generator - as well as, potentially, emissions from the heater - contained lethal carbon monoxide.
An 11-year-old girl was killed; her mother and mother's boyfriend remained hospitalized Monday, March 6, 2017 as a result of the exposure.
Saxton, along with Calhoun County Emergency Management Director Durk Dunham, discussed the safety measures necessary in this and other cases. Click the player below to hear the details.
Hear The Richard Piet Show weekday mornings from 5:30-9 on 95.3 WBCK.