Several Battle Creek Streets Closed To Traffic Due To Downed Trees
The City of Battle Creek says that several streets remain closed to thru traffic Thursday, due to trees and limbs blocking passage.
The following streets are closed to thru traffic:
- - Vale St. between E. Michigan Ave. and Cliff St.
- - Elizabeth at Sherman
- - Hanover St. between W. Emmett St. and Walter Ave.
- - Parkway Dr. at Howland St.
- - Blenken Ct. from Parkway Dr. to Howland St.
- - Myrtle Ave. from N. Bedford Rd. to E. Willard Ave.
- - Wentworth Ave. from Highland Ave. to Foster Ave.
- - Fairfield Ave. from S. Beckman Ave. to S. LaVista Blvd.
- - E. Minges Rd. from Riverside Dr. to Reyn Circle
As well, a few traffic signals are on generator power on M-66, Washington Ave. and Michigan Ave. the signal at Washington Ave. and Sanitarium is currently off.
The following intersections are 4-way stops until further notice:
- - S. Helmer Rd. at Beckley Rd.
- - S. Helmer Rd. at Watkins Rd.
- - W. Roosevelt Ave. at Hubbard St.
- - Morgan Rd. at North Ave.
These problems were caused by the high winds the area saw Wednesday.