Summer Nights, S’mores and Michigan State Parks
Michigan is never better than during a summer night, watching the stars and enjoying S'mores.
I remember my Mom taking my brother and I to lay on the beach at night in Harbor Beach to watch the shooting stars. To see the heavens come alive on a warm summer night is the best that Michigan has to offer. This August, something special is happening! The Perseid meteor shower will be raining down on us and Michigan State parks are making it a night you will never forget. A number of the parks are hosting a viewing party for the shower and serving up S'mores for all those who attend!
Friday August 9th
- South Higgins Lake State Park in Roscommon from 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Waterloo Recreation Area in Grass Lake from 9:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- Rifle River Recreation Area in Lupton from 10:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Seven Lake State Park in Holly from 10:00 PM - 11:45 PM
Saturday August 10th
- Island Lake Recreation Area in Brighton from 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- North Higgins Lake State Park in Roscommon from 9:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Leelanau State Park in Northport from 9:00 PM - 10:30 PM
- Indian Lake State Park in Manistique from 9:00 PM - 11:30 PM
- Warren Dunes State Park in Sawyer from 9:00 PM - 11:45 PM
- Burt Lake State Park in Indian River from 9:30 PM - 11:00 PM
- Bald Mountain Recreation Area in Lake Orion from 10:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Tuesday August 13th
- Young State Park in Boyne City from 9:00 PM - 11:30 PM
- Negwegon State Park in Harrisville from 9:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Van Riper State Park in Champion from 9:30 PM - 10:30 PM
- Holland State Park from 10:00 PM - 11:30 PM
Good Rules of thumb for all viewing...
- bring a blanket
- dress for the weather
- bring bug spray
S'mores will be provided until supplies run out, so come early or bring your own stash!