There Have Been 34 UFO Sightings in Michigan So Far in 2019
If you thought flying saucers and little green men were a thing of the past, you're wrong. Unidentified phenomena have been spotted more than 30 times in the Michigan skies.
"I want to believe," reads the poster on the wall in FBI agent Fox Mulder's office, seen on nearly every episode of The X-Files. Since the advent and proliferation of cell phones with cameras, you'd think someone would have gotten a selfie with an E.T. by now if they really are out there. In 2019, some still believe.
The National UFO Reporting Center started with a telephone hotline in 1974 and continues, to this day, it's "primary function over the past two decades has been to receive, record, and to the greatest degree possible, corroborate and document reports from individuals who have been witness to unusual, possibly UFO-related events."
From urban Detroit to the shores of Lake Michigan, Battle Creek to Bloomfield Township, those who look up from their screens long enough to pay attention have noticed some strange, unexplained lights and occurrences in the Michigan skies. Unidentified Flying Objects reported to the center were described as
- Rectangular object with a bright light to the left of it going straight into the clouds- Ypsilanti
- 3 bright objects flying in a circular pattern- Detroit
- A stationary globe shape with white, red and green lights. The globe was difficult to look at because the lights were very intense- East Lansing
- 4 circular light spinning at a high speed- Kalamazoo
- I saw a big light right above the school in Walkerville. I heard a loud hum from it almost like a low tone- Walkerville
- Small circular/disk shaped object w/ red and green flashing lights- Port Huron
- 3 orange lit craft in v shape that appear to what seemed out of nowhere! Michigan- Lincoln
- Cigar shaped object with 3 bright lights underneath, in the front, followed by 3-4 lesser bright lights- Stonington
Check out the complete database of Michigan UFO sightings so far in 2019, and decide for yourself.