A Battle Creek apartment complex that caught fire Sunday night and displaced all of its residents has now been deemed uninhabitable.

The Battle Creek Enquirer reports that the Village Inn Apartments has had its entire complex condemned, after inspection by the Battle Creek Fire Marshal and the City’s Building Inspector. Whether or not the buildings will be demolished remains to be seen.

This Saturday and Sunday, residents of buildings 90 and 100 will be allowed in temporarily to retrieve belongings, while those who lived in building 80 won’t be allowed to do so because it would be unsafe. Residents will need to bring IDs, while those who lost their IDs in the fire will be assisted by Village Inn staff in getting identified.

The fire at the Village Inn started late Sunday night, and fire crews worked until morning to make sure the blaze was contained. At this time, authorities aren’t saying what might have caused the fire to spark.

A pancake breakfast is being held this weekend as well, to benefit the victims of this fire. The breakfast will take place at the Applebee's at Lakeview Square Mall Saturday from 8am to 10am, and all of the proceeds from the $5-per-person cost will go to those displaced by the fire. Residents of the Village Inn will be allowed to eat for free.

More From WBCKFM