Chamber Poll: Hillary wins! Bizon behind.
Ok, it’s not a scientific poll, but the Battle Creek Area Chamber of Commerce Mock Election Poll shows some very interesting results. The Chamber hosted its annual Party Politics “Meet the Candidates” Event in conjunction with its Business Expo on Wednesday night.
Chamber President Cara Beer says they had an informal anonymous straw poll on line and invited Chamber membership, candidates and a small community sampling to vote.
Here are some highlights:
- Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump, as more than 10 percent voted for Libertarian Gary Johnson.
- Congressman Justin Amash won by a good margin.
- Incumbant Republican State Reps Dave Maturen easily won, but Dr. John Bizon was beaten by Democratic challenger Jim Haadsma.
- County incumbants Sheriff Matt Saxton, Treasurer Christin Schauer, Water Recourses Commissioner Christine Kosmowski and Prosecutor Dave Gilbert all finished well in front of their challengers. The Clerk-Register race was omitted from the poll, but in an add-on poll, incumbant Anne Norlander was the winner.
- Tina Yost led the Circuit Court race.