The Fire Hub restaurant closed their doors on Thanksgiving because they wanted to give back to the community.  They provided a traditional Thanksgiving dinner to area families and citizens in need.  They did so in cooperation with the Food Bank of South Central Michigan and the Haven of Rest Miniseries.

My wife and I stopped by to see their community outreach in action. They had fantastic food and a lot of it.  They had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, green beans and pumpkin pie.

Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media

We had a great time speaking with some of the families that attended the dinner.  They were surprised at the amount of food they were given and the quality of that dinner.  All of the volunteer’s where extremely nice and helpful.

Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media
Townsquare Media

The Fire Hub restaurant is owned by the FireKeepers Casino and Hotel. Fire Hub gives 80% of their profits to charities and the remaining 20% goes to the operation of the building.  As Michael McFarlen, the Vice President of Food and Beverage at FireKeepers Casino and Hotel told me, “it is all about giving back to the community.”

I also spoke with Jim Wise, Vice President of Marketing for FireKeepers Casino and Hotel who spoke about the idea behind the Fire Hub restaurant:

Hopefully this will be the start of a new annual tradition here in our community.

If you are looking for a place to go for lunch or dinner check out the Fire Hub restaurant and you can also give back to the community.

The Live with Renk show airs Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to noon, to let me know your thoughts call (269) 441-9595