Kellogg Community College Looking For Sculptures To Display On Campus
Kellogg Community College is asking the public for sculptures, to display throughout their Battle Creek Campus.
According to a release, artists who are selected would receive a $750 stipend for project expenses. Sculptures would be displayed for up to 2 years, with the possibility of purchase or extended display.
Artists or groups of artists interested in submitting materials for consideration must send supporting materials by the April 18 application deadline to:
Art Exhibitions Director
Davidson Visual and Performing Arts Center
Kellogg Community College
450 North Ave.
Battle Creek, MI 49017
Selected sculptors will be notified by late April, and installation of selected sculptures will take place between May and June 2016.
For more information, contact Art Exhibitions Director Ryan Flathau at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 269-565-7880.
Submission Requirements and Selection Process
- Each artist may submit up to five sculpture entries via digital photographs or detailed concept sketches. Each sculpture may be represented by two different angle or perspective images.
- Each submission should include artist's name, contact information, sculpture title, dimensions and media.
- Sculptures must be weatherproof and designed to withstand outdoor conditions for at least two years.
- The artists are responsible for the transportation and installation of selected sculptures. Staff from KCC's Institutional Facilities Department will be available to work with the artists on installation.
- If applicable, any special installation requirements must be described in detail.
- Sculptures may be offered for sale during exhibition. Artists are responsible for the handling of sales, and no commission will be charged.
- Artists are responsible for the removal of all unsold artworks by a prearranged date following exhibition. Art not removed in a timely fashion will be subject to storage or disposal fees.
- The artist will be responsible for obtaining any necessary insurance policies to cover the artwork while installed at the site. KCC will not insure any piece beyond standard liability protection for injury or death.
- The KCC Art on Campus committee will review and select entries. All work must have strong visual appeal and complement or highlight the locations to be installed.
- KCC will provide publicity for each installed work of art. Entry into the exhibition includes permission for KCC to photographically reproduce any of the installed sculptures for publicity and educational purposes.
There are several locations throughout KCC's Campus appropriate for display. Contact the college for photos of possible locations.