Generator Exhaust Causes Fire
Fire fighters in Battle Creek are blaming heat from a generator for a fire on Woodward Avenue yesterday. Crews were called out to the house at around 3:30 in the afternoon when the homeowner saw smoke coming from an electrical outlet in the kitchen. The wall was torn open and it was found that heat from generator exhaust on the outside had transferred through a nail and started a fire in the wall stud. Damage is estimated at 25-hundred dollars. The Fire Department is again asking residents to shovel out hydrants that are blocked by snow and ice.