Small Blaze Outside BC Home Linked To Cigarette
Battle Creek firefighters were called upon, but no injuries took place at a fire on Jericho, Saturday afternoon. According to a release from the city, fire crews arrived at a home in the 100 block of Jericho, shortly before 12:30 PM. Crews spotted a fire in the exterior of the home. They extinguished the blaze and ventilated excess smoke from the home. Estimated fire damage was at $2000, and was limited to the exterior. The occupant of the home told fire authorities that he had put a cigarette in a trash can, outside.