Early Morning Fire Strikes Battle Creek Home
Battle Creek firefighters responded to a house fire, early Sunday morning, in the 100 block of Ashley Street. Upon arrival, around 4:35 AM., they found an exterior portion of the home and connecting deck on fire.
Due to the quick response, and the efforts of 18 firefighters, the blaze was extinguished within a half-hour. The interior of the home did receive some smoke and water damage. The estimated damage is $20,000.
It is believed that the probable cause of the fire was from the chimney from a wood furnace.