“Sweaters for Warmth” Effort Enters Home Stretch
Fred Bachman has been gathering and distributing sweaters for the needy for 23 years in Battle Creek, and he’s hoping you’ll drop off a couple this week.
“Sweaters for Warmth” is going on now through Thanksgiving. The idea is to drop off a new or gently used and clean sweater at a distribution point. Bachman says all sizes are needed, and will be distributed to families in need between now and Christmas. He says they work with several agencies to help families, including Veterans Helping Veterans, Haven of Rest and Inasmuch House, Santa’s Helper, Catholic Charities, and Alternatives.
Drop off locations:
- Bachman Hebble Funeral Service, 223 North Bedford Road
- All Edward Jones Investment offices in Battle Creek
- Plumeria Botanical Boutique, 1364 West Michigan
- Home Care Transitions at 5350 Beckley Road
- Scene Magazine, 4642 Capital Avenue Southwest
- Epic Nutrition at 2545 Capital Avenue Southwest
- Both Heritage Cleaners locations, at 146 North Avenue and at 512 Riverside Drive
- Lakeview High School and Junior High
When you reach in the closet for a sweater, sweatshirt or coat, see if there’s a good one in there that you just don’t wear. Somebody will gladly wear it to keep warm, so please toss it in the car and drop it off this week.